Discounts are set up using Rules to create the various discounts you may want. Say you would like to have a Happy Hour or a discount for Veterans, you can set up rules to manually or automatically apply discounts. Before you can apply discounts on the Order screen, you will first need to set them up.
Adding a New Discount
- Click on “Settings.”
- Click on “Discounts.”
- In the top right corner, click the “Green +” button to create a new discount.
4. On the “Add New Discount” form you will set up your discount.
A. Discounts are created with “Active” toggled on by default.
B. Create a name for your discount.
C. Toggle on “Enter Amount at Register” if you want to manually enter the discount amount during checkout. If you use this option, you will also have the option to limit the maximum discount percentage that can be applied.
D. Select the “Discount Type.” We will go over each of these options in more detail below.
E. Enter in the discount amount. It will either be a dollar amount or percentage depending on the “Discount Type” you have selected.
F. Toggle “Auto Apply Discount” if you would like the discount to be automatically applied anytime the conditions for that discount are met.
G. Toggle on “Require Admin PIN” if you want the discount to only be applied after the Admin PIN has been entered.
H. Select a “Rule” to create conditions for when the discount can be applied. We’ll go over each of these rules below.
I. Use the “+ Add Rule” button to add additional rules and the “Clear All” button if you want to clear everything and start over.
J. Pick a “Color” that will help identify your discount and the register.
K. Review a “Sample” of what your discount button will look like at the register. Remember to “Save & Close” once you have finished.
A. Entire Order by Percent - Discount the total order by a selected percentage.
B. Entire Order by Amount - Discount the total order by a selected dollar amount.
C. Entire Order to Dollar - Sets entire order to preselected dollar amount.
D. Entire Order at Cost plus Percent - Discount the total order to Cost plus (+) the selected percentage.
E. Item by Percent - Discount an item by a selected percentage.
F. Item by Amount - Discount an item by a selected dollar amount.
G. Item to Dollar - Discount an item to a preselected dollar amount
H. Item at Cost plus Percent - Discount the Item to Cost plus (+) the selected percentage.
1. Start Date - Set a date for your discount to begin.
2. End Date - Set a date for your discount end.
3. Days of Week - Set which days of the week the discount will work on.
4. Start Time - Set the time a discount will begin.
5. End Time - Set the time a discount will end.
6. Customer is Employee - Set discount to apply only if Customer is Employee.
7. User Assigned To Order - Allows you to limit the availability of a discount to a certain employee — for example, a discount that is only accessible by a certain key holder/manager.
8. Customer Type - Set discount based on if customer is Medical or Recreational.
9. New Customer - Apply discount when customer is New.
10. Customer Birthday - Apply discount when it is customer’s birthday.
11. Customer Status - Apply discount when customer has correct Status
12. Customer Tags - Apply discount when customer has correct Tag
13. Anonymous Customer - Constrain discount to Anonymous customers
14. Order Total Exceeds - Set discount based on total order amount.
Using a Discount
Now that you've set up a Discount, a “Discounts” button will appear when in an order. The “Discount” can be applied so long as you are meeting all the rule constraints that you set. If you're using an “Item Discount,” remember to first click the item you want to apply the discount to, then select the discount. Any automatic discounts will be applied so long as the rules are met.
- In an Open order, Click “Discounts” to bring up your available discounts. If the discount you want to apply is specific to an item, please select the item in the order before clicking on the “Discount” button.
2. From the Discount menu, select the discount you would like to apply to the order.
Viewing and Removing Applied Discounts
- Once you have applied a “Discount,” click on the Green Tag to view the currently applied discount(s). The number in the Green Tag shows how many are currently being applied.
2. Click the “Remove” button to remove that discount from the order.