In this article, we will go over the basic steps for connecting and configuring your Star printer for use with a PC or a Mac.
Windows setup instructions
1.In Chrome, download the Future print software using the following link: Star Future Print
2. Once the download completes, you will need to extract the software from your downloads folder. You can do this by double-clicking the TSP100_vxx.zip file.
3. Once the file is extracted, open the folder and double click the autorun application.
4. This will launch the driver installation software.
5. Click Installation to start
6. Follow the on-screen instructions for installing Future print on your Windows machine.
7. Once the installation of the software is complete, you can connect your printer to power, and the computer using the provided USB-AB cable.
Mac Setup instructions
1.In Chrome, download the Future Print software using the following link: Star Future Print
2. Locate the “starcupsdrv-xxxx_mac_yyymmdd.zip” file in your downloads folder.
3. Double click on the file to unpack the zip file, this will create a folder in your downloads folder sharing the same name as the zip file.
4. Open the expanded folder, and then double click on the driver folder found inside.
5. Double click on the Starcupsdrv-x.xx.x.pkg to begin the installation.
6. Click continue, and follow the on-screen prompts to install the driver software, making sure you select the Macintosh HD as the installation destination.
7. At the end of the installation, you will be prompted to input administrators' login information, do so. Once the installation is complete, finalize it by restarting your Mac.
8. Upon boot, navigate to the Apple menu at the top left corner of your screen, and open system preferences.
9. Open Printers and Scanners
10. Connect the printer to your Mac using the provided USB - AB cable.
11. Connect the printer to power, and turn it on using the switch located on the right side of the printer.
12. The Plug and Play feature detects the connection of the printer hardware and automatically installs the driver software.