When creating a new customer/patient profile, you can scan their state ID or driver’s license to automatically populate certain information, making it quick and easy to get them set up for loyalty rewards, tracking their purchase history, age verification, and more.
Please note: In order to take advantage of this functionality, your barcode scanner must be able to read PDF417 (2D) barcodes. Only IDs with PDF417 barcodes on the back can be scanned, meaning some older IDs from certain states may not be scannable due to format. If a customer’s ID fits these criteria but still doesn’t scan correctly, please contact us and let us know the ID type and the issuing state.
To add a customer/patient profile by scanning their ID:
1. Navigate to the Customers screen.
2. Click the Add Customer button (+) in the top-right corner of the screen.
3. Click the Scan ID button.
4. Make sure your cursor is in the Scan ID field and then scan the barcode.
- Please note: Scanning can take around 2-3 seconds to finish processing, so please wait for the data string to populate in the Scan ID field before submitting.
5. Click the Populate Fields button.
Once the scan is complete, you can add additional information to the profile before saving.
You can also scan customer/patient IDs to verify age at the time of check-in and before completing an order. For more information, check out the Retail: Age Verification article.