Are you receiving error messages when attempting to edit your labels? Take a look through this article for some quick troubleshooting tips for common errors!
Error: “PDF header signature not found.” This error message shows up when attempting to preview a label with the “ZPL” button is selected.
1. Head to the Labels page by clicking on Admin>Labels/Templates.
2. Click the “v2 editor” button next to the label template you are receiving this error message on
3. Uncheck the “ZPL” button located on the middle left-hand side of the screen.
4. Click "Save" to apply those changes.
Error: “Rendered barcode width is *** which is larger than the container. Make barcode container wider, or reduce the barcode’s bar size.”
This error can occur for a number of reasons:
A. When the dimensions of the barcode are actually larger than the container itself.
- Select the barcode image on the editor to open the barcode settings menu on the left side of the screen.
- Scroll down until you see the “Bar Width” field and enter a “1” there.
- Click “Preview” to confirm the barcode is now showing and then click “Save” to apply those changes.
B. The container is smaller than the barcode.
- On the Label editor screen, select the barcode icon (insert icon here) on the canvas.
- Click the dot on the bottom left corner of the barcode and drag it to resize the container itself.
- Click preview to confirm the barcode is now showing and then click “Save” to apply those changes.
C. There could be a second or even third barcode on the canvas but is so small it is not visible, or it’s found underneath the main barcode on the canvas.
- Click on the barcode icon to select that item.
- Drag the barcode upwards on the canvas to verify there isn’t another duplicate barcode underneath.
- Click on any unwanted barcodes one at a time to select them and then click the “backspace” button on your keyboard to delete them.
- Verify the label is showing correctly from the “Preview” screen and then click “Save” to apply those changes.
Error: Longer plant tags are not showing the entire editable label canvas or text boxes are being displayed outside of the label canvas.
- Click on the “Canvas” section of the v2 Editor screen and locate the “zoom-out” icon next to the label template preview. You may have to scroll down the page to locate it.
2. Click the “zoom-out” icon on the canvas template until the entire label template appears on the screen and the text boxes appear inside the label canvas area.
3. Click the “Preview” button to ensure the label is showing correctly and click the “Save” button to apply those changes.
Error: Text in a text block is missing when previewing or trying to print a label. The composure text is often smaller than the text in the actual preview window. You may need to increase the size of your text box even if it appears to fit on the canvas.
- Click the “Text Block” to select it on the canvas.
- Click the “Dot” on the bottom, left corner of the text block, and drag down the canvas to resize.
- Click the “Preview” button to verify the size is now large enough for the text. Note: you may need to repeat these steps a few times to ensure the text block is properly sized.
- Click “Save” to apply the changes.
Error: If you are attempting to print a label and your desired label is not appearing on your drop-down list.
This can happen for a number of reasons:
A. If the item you are wanting to print labels for is not associated with the label template type, it will not show up on the available labels list.
1. Head to the labels page by clicking on Admin>Labels/Templates.
2. Locate the label and verify it’s Label Type is correctly set.
3. If not, click the “Edit” button to change to the correct Label Type.
4. Click “Save” to apply those changes.
B. The specific Inventory Type is not associated with that particular item.
- Head over to the Labels screen by clicking on Admin>Labels/Templates
- Locate the label template in question and verify it is set to the correct Inventory Type.
- If not, click the “Edit” button on that template, and click the dropdown list for Inventory Type to locate the correct type.
- Click “Save” to apply those changes.
**Note** If you choose a specific inventory type, it can’t be set back to “Any.” You can set the Inventory type back to “Any” by clicking “Copy” on the label template and deleting the old one. This will default the new label back to “Any.”
Error: Red border lines showing up on label preview. If you notice random red lines appearing on your label preview in the Label Editor, those are showing because the “Border Lines” button is clicked. This feature allows you to easily gauge the size of your image and text blocks so you can see if there is any other usable space.
- Locate the sliding “Border Lines” button in the Label Editor and click to deselect this function.
- Click on the “Preview” button to confirm the border lines are no longer visible.